- Paine, L. (2016, February). Quantifying delightful design. Invited talk for ConveyUX 2016, Seattle, WA.
- Paine, L., Wilson, N., & Orrson, E. (2015, April). Presentation for the E² Global Educator Exchange, Redmond, WA.
- Paine, L. (2015, April). Invited talk on user research strategies, The Advisory Board Company, Austin, TX.
- Paine, L., & Ho, L. (2014). Engaging users. Presentation for company internal summit, Bellevue, WA.
- Paine, L. (2012, May). Decision-based metrics for casual games. Presentation for the Game User Research Workshop, ACM Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems (CHI), Austin, TX.
- An, S.-K., Paine, L., Rask, A., McNiel, J., Holder, J., & Varan, D. (2012, May). The positive influence of television on attitudes toward Deaf culture. Paper presented at the International Communication Association Annual Conference, Phoenix, AZ.
- Paine, L. & Gilden, D. (2009, November). An implicit memory meter for event structure. Poster presented at the Psychonomic Society Annual Meeting, Boston, MA.
- An, S.-K., Paine, L., Rask, A., McNiel, J., Holder, J., & Varan, D. (2014). Prominent messages in television drama Switched at Birth promote attitude change toward deafness. Mass Communication & Society, 17(2), 195-216.
- Paine, L., & Gilden, D. (2013). A class of temporal boundaries derived by quantifying the sense of separation. Journal of Experimental Psychology: Human Perception & Performance, 39 (6), 1581-1597. (copy of record)
- Paine, L. (2010). Modulation of Implicit Memory in Temporal Grouping. (Doctoral dissertation). ProQuest digital dissertations. (Accession Order No. AAT 3429009)
Additional research & citations
- “An Interview with Llewyn Paine.” (2015). ConveyUX.com. (Interview)
- “Resources from Bing help educators teach kids to search safely, efficiently.” (2015, December 17). Microsoft in Education Blog. (Research)
- “Students make their mark on Bing.” (2015, June 2). Bing Search Blog. (Research)
- Lagatta, E. (2014, June 23). Save the date: 12/13/14 expected to be popular wedding choice. The Columbus Dispatch. (Interview)
- News from the Field (February 2014). Attention, Perception, & Psychophysics, 76 (2), 265-269. (Featured research)
- Bing Boards WordPress plugin. [Wordpress plugin]. (2014, January 14). Microsoft. (Research)
- Miliano, V. (2012). Local communities in practice and by design. Distance, 1, 1-61. (Research – statistical analysis, survey design)
- Bain, R. (2012, March 27). Putting emotions in context. Research Live. (Research)
- Brock, A. (2010). Music in Motion: Associations Between Musical Pitch and Visuospatial Direction in Infants and Adults. (Doctoral dissertation). University of Texas, Austin. (Experiment programming)
- Macneilage, P. (2008). The Origin of Speech. USA: Oxford University Press. (Research cited)